Christmas is that time of the year which we look forward too. It is for this time that we save up the best and the greatest part of our money. It is the time when we need to look our best every year. New trends make an entry every year, but some old trends stay put and strong. So, what your style should be this Christmas (2013)?
Statement styles this Christmas
Some of the styles you can try this Christmas are as listed below:
- Stylized waists – This can be the peplum style dresses or tops or a bold belt or scarf tied up in the form of the belt. If you are going to wear a completely toned down dress, you can opt for a bold colored belt of scarf or bold colored peplum detailing in contrast, with the dress. Or else, if you are going to wear a bold colored dress, contrast it with a gold or silver sheer belt or a sequined one.
- Go shiny – This can be tricky as you can end up looking like the well lit Christmas tree. So, while experimenting with your look, make sure to take others opinion who are good at fashion. You can try a bold style gold tunic with a skinny dark colored ankle length pant either in black or brown. Tone down the look by matching the clutch or handbag and the shoes with the pant in same color. Keep your look simple by opting for light makeup and tied up hair.
- Floor length gowns are in – The floor length gowns in any and every color and in crepe styles are in this Christmas. So, make sure you have one in your wardrobe. Start shopping early to save money on it and online shops are far cheaper than the brick and mortar stores. One of the best online stores, where you may get some classic and yet trendy and elegant gowns, is the dressfirst.com. These gowns wouldn’t simply be best for the holiday season, but would be good for a prom party too. So, you can look for the cheap prom dresses too.
- Bold colors are still in vogue – Bold colors are considered to be really fashionable, however you can buy one only if you are confident enough to carry it. Bold colors like that of bright red, electric blue, orange and green can be the best style statement this Christmas. You can choose a bold colored gown or a short dress and skirt and even bold colored pants or tops.
- All white pieces can look fashionable – You can actually stand out in an all white number. However, if you think that a completely white piece is going to looking boring, opt for a daring or bold style and sequined necklines or sides. You can team it up with different colored bags and shoes and jewelry and add shine to your whole attire.
The above are some of the trends which you can try out this winter during the Christmas.
How many times do we hear that every woman should have at least one decent pump shoes in her closet? When it comes to feminine and classy with just the right sizzle, pump shoes are the best ones to accessorize your gams. It can enhance your sense of sophistication and, most importantly, offers versatility that most women crave in their style. It can be worn for work or an important event, and can also be used for casual days and night outs.
1. Classic Black Pumps. Think about Princess Katherine, Diane Kruger and Emma Watson. What do you usually observe? These lovely women rock classic black pump shoes as if they own the look. Whether a Manolo or a Louboutin, classic black pumps are always in demand, no matter the season and the trend. These pumps are perfect for sheaths, wrap dresses, suits, and trousers. The pointy toes on a classic black pump shoes create an illusion of longer legs.
2. Open-toed Pump Shoes. Open-toed pumps are very classy and feminine. While classic pump shoes lend a formal look, open-toed or peep-toes type are more playful, versatile and appealing. You can wear this with a classic LBD or a cocktail dress on a semi-formal event or a night-out with friends. As blouses and pencil skirts never run out of style as work wear, these open-toed pumps offer the best form of compliment to complete a fierce look. On casual days, pairing open-toed pumps with skinny jeans and an attractive top would definitely create a more feminine touch. To make it a little formal, simply add a blazer to the equation.
3. Slingback Pump Shoes. Slingback pumps in either close- or open- toed style are great for work environment. Elegant, classy, and sexy, these are perfect for less conservative work environment. The best thing about slingbacks is that these can be great for any body type. It can lend a sense of modishness without being too formal or conservative, and create a more toned and longer appearance of one’s legs. These are best worn with suits, cocktail and tea-length dresses, knee-length skirts, and even jumpsuits.
4. Platform Pumps. A constant favorite among stylish women, platform pump shoes are not for the faint of heart. If you are a klutz, this is definitely not for you. Platform pumps require gracefulness and stylishness that can be hard to pull-off. Think about Victoria Beckham when thinking of buying one. This one requires a “model’s strut” and can be difficult to manage when you are not accustomed to it. Though it is a constant hit among stylish women (and petite ones) as it can be paired with any outfit you wish to don, practice your walk at home first before venturing outside.
5. Low-Heeled Pump Shoes. This one is purrrrrrr-fect for conservative career-oriented ladies. Invest on black, cognac or dark tan as it can work easily on most pants and skirts. This is great for interviews and meetings where standing is commonplace. It still creates the same classy feel that most pump shoes rock, only in a more conventional and comfortable manner.
Indeed, pump shoes make a huge difference in completing your look. Shoes are the perfect accessory that must never be underestimated. No matter what your wardrobe, there will always be one of these pumps listed that can best compliment your style and deliver the look you wish to exude.
Tip: To get the perfect size, make sure to measure your feet at the end of the day. This is when your feet are the largest. You would not want blisters after a day’s work – or play.